Friday, September 18, 2009

Rise and Shine! Train Earlier, Go Further

It's 8:49 on a Friday nite and I'm home writing on my blog...hmmmm.

Not that I have a problem with laying on my bed, (alone) in my boxers and on my computer - I'm actually counting the minutes to my eBay auction finale so that I can go to bed and wake up super early for a brilliant Saturday morning run.

(CoughahemLOSERcough!)

A study published in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise found that the best time to increase your cardio resistance is the morning. It was discovered that your core-body temperature is lowest three hours after you wake up, which improves endurance. When nine cyclists were put on stationary bikes in a hot, humid room they were able to push themselves 5.3 minutes longer at 6.45am than at 6.45pm because that cooler body temperature delays overheating.

Not only do you go further, you also jump start your metabolism for the day - another great reason to wake up shouting 'Rise and shine!'


No comments:

Post a Comment