Monday, August 31, 2009

On...Warming Up

Don't be a cold-bodied bitch.

WARM UP!

I know, I know...I too can find warm-ups tedious and boring - I just wanna jump in and tear it up! However, warmer muscles produce bigger gains. When a muscle is excited, it can exert more force, thus allowing you to train with heavier weights.

It's important to live by the 6 P's: Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Basically, if your body isn't warm and prepped, your efforts will not reach their maximum limit. Personally, I like to emulate the work of my imminent session..and since I am partial to total-body workouts, I do a circuit of squats, push ups and rows. While this little routine is crucial to the success of my workout, it also jump starts my heart rate, releases my endorphines and sets me on my big sweaty mission with further drive and focus.

Besides, no body likes an ice princess...

No comments:

Post a Comment