Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Save Yourself 600 Calories with a MARKARITA!

It's humid and unbearable sticky and in the middle of a New York August, I sometimes wish I was still stuck in the frozen ice barrens of America's hat.

Then I realize it's the heat talking and I set my sights on a refreshing evening beverage, instead...

Summer cocktail of choice, hands down, is a margarita - on a simmering night, a frozen one holds miraculous cures from a long day of debilitating temperatures; however, the 700 calories are the last things a waistline that has worked so hard to achieve beach-ready status should be consuming with three weekends of strutting still beckoning.

To that end, I enjoy the MARKARITA! A shot - (or two) - of Patron Silver tequila, topped off with some soda water and a few squeezes of fresh lime juice, provides a welcomed and healthy option to the calorie-ladened, sugar-brimmed margarita.

You will also notice a mysterious absence of a dreadful hangover the next morning should you consume more than you should - thanks to the lack of sugar...and now, on that note, a thanks to me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment